CRISPY TARO AND PORK SPRING ROLLS (NOM THAO CHIEN)
This is a big and delicious respie for the peoples those who likes the taro and must try it
½ kg pork mince
4 garlic cloves chopped finely
2 brown onions diced finely
1 cup carrot shredded finely
1 cup cabbage shredded finely
2 cups taro root shredded finely
1 small bunch of dried bean thread noodles, soaked in hot water, drained and roughly chopped
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp raw sugar
½ tsp black pepper
1 pack of at least 50 spring roll sheets
1 egg white or 1 tbsp of plain flour mixed well with water
6 cups vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large bowl mix the pork with garlic, onion, salt, fish sauce, sugar and black pepper.
2. Add the shredded carrot, cabbage, taro root and bean thread noodle and mix well then set aside.
3. Pull out each spring roll sheet to separate from each other.
4. Lay a sheet flat facing like a diamond shape on any clean surface then spoon some meat filling and put on 1/3 of the sheet.
5. Wrap the meat filling rolling it tight and seal the top point with egg white or flour mix.
6. Continue wrapping the spring rolls until the filling is the filling is all used or enough for your desired quantity.
7. Heat the oil in a large wok at medium temperature.
8. Deep fry approximately 10 spring rolls at a time until golden brown making sure you continuously rotate them while cooking.
9. Drain the spring rolls using paper towel.
10. Now you can taste it with the katchup and a naughty bite to keep the smile on the face.