sugarcane is a basic point of sugar in the world with the national juice is sugarcane juice of Pakistan and the sugarcane benefits will be shown here in the below:-
Scientific Name – Saccharum officinarum
Family – Poaceae
Origin – Papua New Guinea
Other Names – Ganna (Hindi), Karumbu (Tamil), Karibpu (Malayalam), Cheruku (Telugu)
Belonging to a grass family, sugarcane is easy to grow anywhere and is available at very cheap prices. Even though it is native to Papua New Guinea, it has become a part of the crop production of more than half of the world, including Asia and America. You can either eat pieces of sugarcane or drink a glass of sugarcane juice topped with mint, ginger, and black rock salt.
Interesting Sugarcane Facts
- Sugarcane has no fats. It is, in fact, a 100% natural drink. It has about 30 grams of natural sugar. Hence, you do not have to add extra sugar for sweetness.
- It is a grass plant of the genus saccharum and has 36 varieties.
- In 1493, Christopher Columbus took sugarcane to the Carribean to plant it there and thus, the cultivation of sugarcane spread across the world.
- A mature sugarcane plant can grow up to 30 feet tall. A single sugarcane plant can take 9-24 months to become mature, depending on the climate.
- Sugar extracted from sugarcane juice contains only 15 calories.
- Sugarcane juice is a mix of sucrose, fructose, and many other glucose varieties. Hence, it is sweet to taste.
- An 8-ounce serving of sugarcane juice without any additives carries a total of 180 calories, which is quite low.
- Raw sugarcane juice contains a total of 13 grams of dietary fiber per serving, which is essential in carrying out a lot of body functions.
Why Sugarcane Juice Is Absolutely Amazing
Skin Benefits Of Sugarcane Juice
1. Cures Acne
Using sugarcane juice on a regular basis has been found to be effective in curing skin problems like acne. So, if you are prone to acne, try sugarcane juice face mask for effective results.
What You Need
- Sugarcane juice
- Multani mitti
What You Have To Do
1. Mix some multani mitti in the sugarcane juice to form a liquid of medium consistency.
2. Apply the mask on your face and neck generously.
3. Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
4. Use a wet towel to clean your face and neck.
Use this remedy at least once a week.
Sugarcane juice is a good source of alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) like glycolic acid, which helps to increase cell turnover. Also, acne results from blocked skin pores that sugarcane juice helps to remove by exfoliating your skin and thinning down the accumulation of dead cells.
2. Protect Your Skin From Aging
Are you worried about the untimely wrinkles that are making you look much older than your age? No worries! You can delay the signs of aging with the help of sugarcane juice.
The presence of antioxidants, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds makes sugarcane juice a good option to achieve glowing, soft, and moisturized skin.
Health Benefits Of Sugarcane Juice
3. Instant Energy Booster
If you are experiencing dehydration, sugarcane juice is one the best sources of instant energy. It is capable of lifting up your spirits and mood within no time leaving you all refreshed and charged.
4. Ensures Safe Pregnancy
Sugarcane juice has been found to be a great addition to a pregnant woman’s diet. It facilitates quicker conceptions and safer pregnancy.
This amazing juice contains trace amounts of folic acid or vitamin B9 that is known to protect from neural birth defects like Spina bifida. Also, research has discovered that sugarcane juice minimizes ovulating problems in women, thereby increasing chances of conception.
5. Prevents Bad Breath And Tooth Decay
Bad breath is a major cause for social embarrassment. If you have a history of tooth decay leading to bad breath, you should consider sugarcane juice as a home remedy.
Sugarcane contains a host of minerals, such as calcium and phosphorus, which help build your teeth enamel. The consistent flow of nutrients prevents decay and strengthens your teeth . Also, bad breath is another symptom of nutrient deficiency that sugarcane juice helps counter.
6. Facilitates Development Of Bones And Teeth
Sugarcane is an extremely rich source of calcium that helps build your skeletal strength, including bones and teeth. This makes it one of the best ingredients that contribute to a child’s growth.
7. Cures Febrile Disorders
Sugarcane juice is known to be extremely beneficial for curing instances of febrile disorders that are extremely common in growing kids.
Febrile disorders are notorious for causing fevers with high temperatures. They cause protein loss, thus making it a risk for the body. Sugarcane juice is known to replenish this loss of protein (13).
8. Aids Liver Functioning
The yummy sugarcane juice is regarded as one of the best treatments for liver-related sicknesses like jaundice.
What You Need
- 1 glass of fresh sugarcane juice
- A dash of lime
What You Have To Do
Drink a glass of sugarcane juice mixed with lime, twice every day.
Jaundice occurs due to poor functioning of the liver as well as clogged bile ducts. Sugarcane maintains the glucose levels in your body and ensures speedy recovery. Also, being alkaline in nature, sugarcane juice helps maintain electrolyte balance in your body, and thus stops your liver from going into overdrive.
9. Acts As A Digestive Tonic
If you have been suffering from digestive distress, you should consider including sugarcane juice in your diet for a healthier and stress-free life.
Potassium present in sugarcane juice helps balance the pH levels of your stomach and facilitates the secretion of digestive juices .
10. Combats Cancer
This might come as a surprise to you, but sugarcane juice can also be a comprehensive deterrent to fatal diseases like cancer, especially prostate and breast cancer.
11. Aids People Suffering From Diabetes
Is sugarcane juice good for diabetics? If you think sugarcane juice is a bad choice just because you are suffering from diabetes, then you are wrong. Sugarcane can, in fact, be consumed by people with diabetes, but in moderation.
Sugarcane contains sucrose that has a low glycemic index. This helps to keep your blood sugar levels in control.