Ingredients: Okra, grapeseed oil or olive oil, salt and lemon juice.
Procedure: First prepare the charcoal grill on high heat flame. Trim the ends or the stems of the okra. Now toss it in oil thoroughly so as to cover it with oil. Place okra on charcoal grill and cover with a lid. Let it remain covered till you see grill marks on okra. It should look a little charred on the edges. Turn it thereafter and let it get grilled on the other side as well. Once done, remove it from the grill and sprinkle some salt and lemon juice and enjoy your grilled hot okra.
Ingredients Of Bharwan Bhindi
- 500 gm lady’s fingers – washed and wiped dry
- For masala:
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped mint leaves to garnish
How to Make Bharwan Bhindi
- Cut off the top of the ladies’ fingers and slit lengthwise on one side.
- Mix the masala ingredients together. Stuff the masala through the slit. Heat the clarified butter and add the ladies’ fingers to it. Stir-fry over high heat, till they look glossy.
- Lower the heat to medium, add 1 tsp lemon juice and mix well.
- Leave uncovered and continue to saute over medium heat. Add the lemon juice in two more stages, till the vegetable is cooked through.
- The ladies’ fingers should retain some of their green color and their shape.
- Serve hot, garnished with mint leaves.
all these things will make sure a healthy food to take a crisp in home style and be the best sheef in life.