- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large (about 600g) cooked beetroot, peeled
- 100ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grilled Turkish bread, to serve
- Step 1Grate beetroot into a sieve over the sink. Set aside for 10 minutes to drain. Press with the back of a spoon to remove excess liquid.
- Step 2Place remaining ingredients in a non-metallic bowl, add the beetroot and stir well to combine.
- Step 3Serve with the grilled Turkish bread or as part of a meze plate.
Crunchy silverbeet slaw
- 1 bunch silverbeet, trimmed
- 1 beetroot, peeled, cut into matchsticks (see Notes)
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, roughly crushed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Step 1Thinly slice silverbeet leaves and stems. Transfer to a large bowl. Add beetroot, apple, celery, walnuts and pepitas. Toss to combine.
- Step 2Place fennel seeds, vinegar, oil, mustard and sugar in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Step 3Drizzle dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately (see notes).
Lamb burger with quinoa and beetroot
- 500g Coles Australian Lamb Mince
- 1 tablespoon Masterfoods Hamburger Seasoning
- 1 Coles Brand Australian free range egg, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup (25g) dried breadcrumbs
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Masterfoods Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup (120g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 large tomato, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 250g pkt microwave quinoa and brown rice
- 4 Coles Bakery Kaiser Rolls*, split
- 450g can Golden Circle Beetroot Slices
- 120g baby rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Zoosh Lemon and Herb dressing
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- Step 1Combine the mince, seasoning, egg, breadcrumbs and half the spring onion in a bowl. Shape into 4 patties. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties for 6 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine tomato sauce and yoghurt in a small bowl. Season. Combine the tomato and mint in a separate bowl. Cook the quinoa mix following packet directions.
- Step 3Divide the yoghurt mixture evenly among bun bases. Top each base with a patty, 4 beetroot slices, tomato mixture, rocket and bun tops.
- Step 4Coarsely chop remaining beetroot. Place in a bowl with the quinoa mix, avocado, and remaining spring onion and rocket. Drizzle over dressing and combine. Sprinkle salad with fetta.
- Step 5Serve the lamb burgers with the quinoa and beetroot salad.